realthailand

Friday, November 18, 2005

the beginning of the beginning

Thailand is undoubtedly the most over-romanticized country in the Western imagination. I'd like to do something about that.

This blog is an attempt to counterbalance the generally naive impression of Thailand as "The Land of Smiles" by providing a little fact based commentary.

If you use the term 'LOS' as part of your day-to-day vocabularly, then maybe this blog is for you. Then again, maybe not.

Although my posts will often be negative, I will try to be as specific as possible and to support any criticism I make. This is not for the purpose of justifying myself or this project, I simply prefer the rigors of intellectually honest and responsible argumentation.

Comments will remain off. I can only imagine the crap that would fill up the comments section if I left it an open litterbox for your musings, and the time I would waste kicking around in there myself.

So no, sorry. If you wish to comment, do so on your own blog.